Monday, March 26, 2007

Me Time


When you have two kids, a husband and full-time job, you have to work a little harder (ok, a lot harder) to find “me” time. Before children, I could spend an afternoon cuddled up with the Globe crossword or strolling around Kensington Market sampling new Goudas, sipping a latte. Today, it’s more like grabbing a cheese stick and then glancing at the flyers in the loo.

This month, I’ve found some me time. PL & I took the first time filmmakers course at NIFCO. A couple of weeks ago we shot the script on film. It’s a 5-minute piece called “Last Supper” loosely based on a true story about the last family dinner we had with PL’s aunt before she died of cancer (I know, not exactly hilarious material). Right now, we’re editing. Felt great to see people act out my script and of course be behind the camera.

No comments: