Friday, July 13, 2007

Real Woodswoman (Week 6)

Yesterday, one of the contractors asked me how I've been doing the dishes (note: Still no running water in the kitchen. My swishy stainless steel computerized dishwasher can't be hooked up without the sink!

"Boiling the kettle and washing them in my Green Dominion grocery bin."

"You're a real woodswoman!"

I took it as a compliment.

My grandmother did just fine with 9 youngsters, a woodstove and a well out back. She didn't have too much Royal Chinet. And my grandfather was in the lumber woods as a cook for 11 months a year!

Every day, the dust literally settles a little more on 38 Empire Ave. This week, Ches poured the concrete, finished the basement electrical, and put in the stairs. Countertops and butcher block are installed in the kitchen and my washer and dryer will be hooked up today (Please God!).

I'd post pictures... if I could find the camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.