Thursday, September 27, 2007

A shril child's cry pierces the gray early morning air...



When I got them home from daycare yesterday, they were wild! Hitting, squealing, dumping of toys, demanding I make chocolate chip cookies -- I felt like a bullied mom.

No, they are not always like that. But sometimes they come home from daycare/pre-school so exhausted that there's no reasoning with them. And when I heard this old CBC Radio piece, I laughed out loud (LOL?). Not much has changed in 50+ years!




All I can do, is have a snack ready -- grapes, apples, raisins boxes-- and get supper on as quick as I can. Then clean that up, pull out the Playdoh or markers and construction paper; get them in the tub and in pajamas, read some stories, sing Mockingbird and them tuck them the bed. Oh yes, and in between, smother them in grand bizous...

No comments: