Wednesday, May 14, 2008

About Banff


"I want to hear everything about Banff," a friend asks, knowing full well that the splash of cold water relativity quickly washes memories away.

In a word: amazing.

A Banff Centre for the Arts artist card, gourmet meals and 6 days in the mountains with writers and wine to write, talk about writing, read and listen to readings --- not a bad gig. The people in the non-creative group (ok, all groups) were inspiring and supportive. Especially J, H, K. All great women, great writers.

My surprise was in how being away just freed my mind; made me write clearer, crisper.

I couldn't remember the last time I traveled on my own without babes or PL when it was not for work. I did miss home at the end though. But at Banff, I saw the story and made the edits to make it work. Now all I have to do, is to get it down to knitting it together. May Edna's resin be with me.

No comments: