Thursday, August 14, 2008

Barber Festival


I took Ben & FG to the Races (note: Regatta should be dubbed "the longest running Garden Party" in North America). And all he could talk about was cotton candy. So, I caved. Like Mama, FG wouldn't go anywhere near the stuff but Ben gobbled down a full bag.


Mama: How was your first cotton candy?


Ben: This is my second time! I had it last year at the Barber Festival.


I started the bilingual wheels turning. Ben gets his hair cut at Central Barber in the Mall and calls the entire place the "Barber's". And cotton candy is also called barbapapa - yup, like those bulbous cartoon bonnehommes. But I was stumped.


Ben: You know Mama. The Barber Festival at the Barber's with the rides and everything.


Then it dawned on me. Thomas Amusements.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, very special, i like it.

Anonymous said...

It could challenge the ideas of the people who visit your blog.

Anonymous said...

This blog could be more exciting if you can create another topic that everyone can relate on.

Anonymous said...

To the author of this blog,I appreciate your effort in this topic.