Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day at the Junction


PL is in Toronto this week taping Dragons' Den so, I took the kids to Nana's and Poppy's for the weekend.

I was pretty proud of myself -- packed the car the night before and worked through lunch so I could be out of town by 4. The minute we got there the kids jumped out of the van like hyper Labrador retrievers! They love it up there. It is always so amazing to see them run around in the garden chasing Lucy the cat or throwing rocks over the trussel with Poppy ("That one's a real sowzo".) I remember the first time I saw my parents with Ben and later with Frances. It was such a gift. They just squeal and giggle together like old buddies.

One of the main reasons we moved home 2 1/2 years ago was for the kids to know their grandparents. I love it that my parents are also taking time to know the kids. Happy Mother's Day.