Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pebbles, Bam-Bam and Dino - Oh My!


Supper-time battles are a regular thing at our house. We've done it all - "just try 3 bites", "eat this or have nothing", "eat this, get ice cream". But nothing seems to work. Ben is a fussy eater. Despite his limited diet, he's a happy, vibrant, busy boy. That said, there's only so much buttered wacky mac pasta a mom can cook before you really start to lose it.

Last night, I started to worry though (mom's are good at worrying). And I bought some multi-vitamins -- the Flintstone ones. And just to make sure they didn't taste like cod liver oil, I popped one. Yup, tasted just like I remember -- pure sugar. Yabadaba-doo!
If it wasn't for the label I'd be convienced it was just that. I haven't given up on trying to make him get his veggies. But this eases some of the mom guilt... for now.