Tuesday, March 18, 2008

March Madness

My kids are still in daycare but I'm already wondering what we'll do next year for March Break. If you're like me and have a limited number of vacation days and don't have a lot of family close by, you have to be pretty creative.

Here's a few tips I've tried on snow days, sick days and other school vacation days that might work for March Break too.
- Sitter Share with a neighbour, family member, co-worker, friend. You know "I take your kids, you take mine..."
- Book it as vacation days.
- If your employer agrees, consider Flex-time (he works the morning, you take the afternoon).
- Consider enrolling them in a camp. YMCA St. John's and Camp Whatchamacalit are popular.
- If you are at home, consider planning the week with fun activities. Check out Canadian Family's website for some great ideas you can do inside and outside the house. I like this web site because it breaks things down by age group and can work whether you live in a major centre or smaller town.

And most importantly, have FUN. Little ones are only little once...Enjoy the time.

No comments: