Monday, March 31, 2008

Magic Pennies


With the exception of getting the kids hair cut on Saturday and a trip to the pool and the Edible Books at Eastern Edge; we let the snow keep us inside this weekend.

Plenty of cardboard box puppet theatres and muffin baking. Frances told me yesterday she missed her pink soccer ball. We're all getting a little anxious for spring.

One thing we did do was roll coins.

The kids loved the sound of dumping out their piggy banks in stainless steel bowls and then rooting through the "the brown ones" (pennies); "the princess ones" (nickles, dimes and quarters) and "the big ones" (loonies and toonies).

FG really got into it.

I'd count out 50 pennies and then she'd place them one by one in the roll. She did this for about 1/2 hour. When she'd start a new roll, she'd say "When I'm finished you say 'I'm so proud of you', 'kay Mama?"

I guess love is like a magic penny.




No comments: