Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Marketing Magic of Disney


For the 3rd March in a row, we've packed our bags and headed South with PL's family. And for the 3rd year in a row, we have not taken the kids to Disney World.

So I really thought my crowd knew little of Disney. We don't watch any of the movies or own Disney merch.

That changed on this trip at Downtown Disney (see: Disney for Free) when FG told me she wanted to go to the Princess's House. She dragged me by the hand to the front of a souvenir shop flanked by statues of Disney characters and posed for pictures.

Later when I asked her what was the best part of her day, she said "I had my picture taken with Sleeping Beauty. Mama, she's in the pink dress and then I took my picture with Cinderella, she's in the blue dress."

I had never mentioned those words to her.
I was astounded (and a little scared) that she knew them by name.
Chalk it up to the marketing magic of Disney.









No comments: